Marketing Manager Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE MARKETING MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address Home Phone #
City, ST ZipCode, Country Email Address
MARKETING ADMINISTRATOR/ MARKETING ANALYST
Start-ups ♦ High-Growth Organizations ♦ Billion-dollar International Enterprises
Hospitality / Winery / Sporting & Tourism / Furniture Upholstery & Manufacturing
Talented marketing/electronic commerce graduate with exemplary experience and achievements demonstrated across both academic and employment settings. Distinguished track record in administrative functions and in the research, analysis and formulation of strategic marketing and action plans set to generate significant revenue and profitability across diverse industries and competitively position products within aggressive marketplaces. Skilled at researching and information gathering, utilizing SPSS to transition data into valuable information, providing foundations for forecasting and future planning.Proficiency within:
Technical Inventory: MS Office Suite ♦ Dreamweaver ♦ Maximiser ♦ Fireworks ♦ SPSS ♦ FrontPage ♦ C++ ♦ C ♦ Windows NT/XP ♦ Internet Research
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Business; Majors - Electronic Commerce & Marketing (2004) ♦ University of California
Level 3 – American Ski Instructor Certification (2000/1996) ♦ Northstar at Tahoe, California
Further Training: Introduction to Customer Service Industry (1997) ♦ Occupational Health and Safety (1997) ♦ Interview Techniques (2002) ♦ Coaching and Mentoring Individuals (2000)
ACADEMIC PROJECTS & ACCOLADES
- Developed marketing/business planon behalf of a young entrepreneur looking at breaking into the fast-moving consumer goods market. Devised initiatives now being executed including product licensing, equipment and manufacturing, financials, promotional collateral, alliance-building with local supermarket chains and vendors. Product went into production late March.
- Strategized and developed marketing plan for Unique Winery, a world-leading billion-dollar enterprise. Information filtered and ascertained from expansive secondary data with results underpinning creation of an innovative product line. Achieved high distinction.
- Formulated marketing plan for furniture micro-business despite challenges in the identification of potential/target markets due to minimal industry information/resources. Located suitable sources; performed research and gained pertinent data through market reports, industry magazines, trade shows and interviewing businesses in local region.
- Academic excellence awarded with Golden Key Honour Society Reward – in recognition for being among the top 15% of the class within the first year of University.
- Overcame challenges through sound ability to analyze business models, identify potential problems and provide technologically-based solutions. Utilize investigative approach to problem solving.
D’AMICOS RESTAURANT & BAR 1997 - Present
Leading Italian restaurant catering to a loyal local customer base with a reputation for high-quality cuisine and service influencing rapid growth within the tourism market.
Restaurant Floor Manager
Diverse management and leadership role responsible for optimizing efficiency and profitability of the restaurant by overseeing wine and food service, staffing, inventory, and management of customer and supplier relationships. Bill and receipt clients; balance monies at shift end; and strategize weekly table plans to accommodate approximately 100 guests. Train, mentor and support dedicated team of customer relations staff; plan and coordinate shift rosters.
- Reduced ‘shrinkage’ below budget by developing and introducing an inventory/supplier tracking system using MS Excel/MS Access, and vigilant monitoring and ordering of stock.
- Surpassed sales targets by providing excellent customer service; conducted and participated in informal staff meetings allowing open forum for staff to view their opinions, with ongoing encouragement for staff to contribute their unique expertise toward the common goal.
- Continually attained above-average results across all areas of the restaurant demonstrating sound leadership and management ability, while providing a supportive workplace for staff.
- Facilitated seamless integration of new payment and receipt system with ongoing responsibility for maintaining correct pricing and stock coding.
- Effectively handled customer complaints harnessing diplomacy and tact to secure win-win outcomes that resulted in customer satisfaction, retention and repeat business.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA 1/2003 – 3/2003
Contracted community project undertaken by the University’s Faculty of Law and Management.
Conducted interviews and surveys throughout the local business region regarding views and opinions of business managers and the perceived strengths and weaknesses of operating a business within the district. Recorded and compiled results; input data onto spreadsheets; and presented reports to lecturers during workshops.
- Distinguished ability to successfully analyze an overabundance of information from complex resources and strategically transfer and develop into manageable representative formats.
NORTHSTAR AT TAHOE 1997 – 2000
Internationally acclaimed, family oriented, ski resort, being the leading ski resort within the Lake Tahoe region.
Senior Ski Instructor – Winter Season
Planned, coordinated and directed large school groups visiting resort, maintaining the enjoyment, safety and wellbeing of all patrons. Trained, supported and supervised fellow ski instructors; delegated ski lessons when required. Designed and conducted age-, condition- and skill-appropriate ski lessons for both children and adults from beginner through to more experienced skiers, providing exceptional customer service to secure and maximize patron satisfaction.
- Amplified membership growth by 73 members, with 146 children competing across various competitions throughout the season.
- Achieved ranking in the top 5% for the most requested instructor to conduct private lessons.
- Spearheaded numerous innovative marketing campaigns involving advertising free two-hour lessons for juniors and printed promotional material for juniors/parents regarding the program.
References available upon request
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Marketing Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Marketing Manager resume sample.