General Manager Operations Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE GENERAL MANAGER OPERATIONS RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|GENERAL MANAGEMENT • OPERATIONS|
|Production • Inventory Control • Manufacturing • Purchasing • HR|
• Pioneering, competitive management executive with exceptional general and P&L management, strategic planning, budgeting, financial reporting, training and leadership qualifications with team-focused, results-oriented management style. Effective in reorganizing, streamlining and strengthening existing operations as well as identifying and capitalizing new business opportunities.
• Distinguished career spearheading company to build market share, drive revenue growth and outperform competition by creating long-term corporate strategy and cost containment processes, negotiating contracts and being a catalyst for change.
• Combine strong planning, organizational and communications skills with the ability to independently plan and direct business affairs. Thrive on challenges.
• Analytical and decisive; expert negotiator and “deal maker.” Notable communication and listening skills. Successfully negotiate new terms regarding contract terms/service offerings to promote responsiveness, efficiency and profitability of business relationships. Build new revenue streams.
• Readily visualize target and identify steps required to attain goals. Interact with customers, partners and other organizations domestically and internationally. Consistently successful in identifying and capitalizing on market opportunities to drive revenue, profit and growth.
• Noted interpersonal aptitude. Skilled in staff training, development and performance management to meet/exceed operational and financial goals through performance/quality improvements with focus on customer satisfaction.
• Technically savvy. Proficient in use of computer applications, e.g., AS400, MPP Systems, MAPICS.
• Areas of expertise include:
|McClain E-Z Pack – Galion, Ohio||1975 – Present|
|Respected senior manager for refuse handling equipment manufacturer producing $36 million in annual sales. Led company in 1992–1998 to one of top 3 industry manufacturers in U.S. Work through distributor network in U.S. Primary customers are private haulers (e.g., Waste Management, USA Waste, BFI) in the U.S. and abroad (e.g., Columbia, Chile, New Zealand, South Africa, U.K.). Rewarded for exemplary performance with promotions and new challenges.|
|• Delivered strong and sustainable revenue and income gains through effective management practices, purchasing, contract negotiations, production functions and focus on operating costs. Accountable for P&L, efficiency and inventory levels.|
|• Negotiated four union contracts in 10 years, holding wage increases between 2%–3% per year.|
|• Reduced inventory from $28 million to $15 million through use of MRP systems.|
|• Boosted monthly production from 30 units to 75 units.|
|• Negotiated contracts with suppliers. Slashed $700K from budgeted amount.|
|• Spearheaded introduction of new technology (e.g., MPP systems, MAPICS, AS400) to enhance accuracy, efficiency and productivity despite reduction in workforce. Scheduled and conducted training for all functions.|
|• Slashed overhead costs by 30%.|
|• Implemented labor tracking system with automated employee entry. This eliminated 2 of 3 payroll positions.|
|• Augmented efficiency by developing a consignment and JIT inventory with major suppliers.|
|• Supervised workforce from high of 330 to low of 30 and transitioned production shifts from 3 to 2 to 1.|
|• Conducted regular meetings with up to 15 managers to foster team building and to convey business objectives, holding team members accountable for obtaining goals.|
|• Prepare RFQs for major accounts. Generate $3 million to $4 million revenue per month.|
|• Led efforts toward ISO standards. Promoted use of cell manufacturing, JIT inventory procedures and EDI stock replenishment systems to optimize budgets and cash flow.|
|• Participated in development of new products (e.g., Recycler, Side Loader, Automated Front Loader, etc.) from inception to market-ready; brought projects in on time.|
|• Revamped refuse-handling equipment product line operating with hydraulics and electrical systems to be more quality-oriented.|
|• Collaborated with engineers to increase durability through use of steel and hydraulics.|
|• Key player in capital improvement initiatives: $1 million melting facility (worked directly with contractors). Oversaw purchase of $3 million state-of-the-art machinery and equipment.|
|• Converted computer system to AS400. Following several weeks of training, scheduled and presented training sessions to employees. Authored training manuals.|
|American Production Inventory Control Society (APICS)
MRP Systems Training
|B.S., Administration, Ohio State University – Mansfield, Ohio|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other General Manager Operations Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the General Manager Operations resume sample.