Certified Paralegal Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE CERTIFIED PARALEGAL RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country, Phone #, Email Address
Certified paralegal with 14 years experience providing legal support and research. Demonstrated expertise in family law, wills, trusts, and estate planning. Ability to use computer technology for thorough research and rapid, accurate preparation of court documents. Expertise includes the ability to compose clear and concise summaries of findings, draft motions, and prepare settlement agreements. Advanced computer knowledge and skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
BRADFORD FAMILY LAW SERVICES, Hartford, CT
1997 - Present
Prepared support documents and recommendations for hearings and trials. Directed research efforts to locate all related case law, summarizing and prioritizing the most relevant precedents for attorney review. Drafted legal arguments, agreements, affidavits, motions, and pleadings.
- Trained legal secretaries and researchers in electronic filing and archival procedures.
- Created databases of firm’s family law cases; including adoption, child abuse, divorce, domestic violence, guardianship, marriage, and power of attorney; to streamline record retrieval.
- Updated and improved the firm’s online library of standard templates to ensure compliance with latest legislation and regulations.
- Developed an on-line network of support referrals to assist clients.
GOLDMAN AND FRANK, Hartford, CT
1996 - 1997
Drafted legal agreements for review by attorneys. Directed case research and composed summaries of findings. Researched case histories in family law, including wills, trusts, estates, probate, pre-nuptials, separation, and custody cases.
- Completed a 6-month internship supporting 12 attorneys specializing in Family Law. Received commendations for outstanding performance from all 12 attorneys.
- Implemented a standard research method to assist in quickly scanning research findings.
- Designed and delivered workshops to train research staff on advanced uses of computer databases and research techniques.
REED AND ASSOCIATES, Fairfield, CT
1993 - 1996
Legal Research Assistant
Conducted legal research as directed by attorneys, using traditional methods and computer-based techniques. Analyzed court transcripts, filings, and background documents to develop leads for further research. Prepared research reports and presented findings to legal team. Studied current cases to identify search keywords for related case law.
- Introduced the firm to the use of Lexis-Nexis for additional legal research.
- Trained other research associates to conduct computer-based research.
- Developed and maintained a common keyword dictionary to assist others in searching.
REED AND ASSOCIATES, Fairfield, CT
1988 - 1993
Edited and typed legal documents, including motions, contracts, briefs, client forms, settlements, wills, trusts, and complaints. Scheduled appointments, depositions, and conferences, coordinating schedules of multiple parties. Recorded and typed meeting minutes.
- Devised and implemented filing system using client color-coding to aid retrieval.
- Developed word-processing templates to decrease the time to produce standard documents.
- Organized research notes and transcribed to electronic format reducing space needed for files.
Paralegal Certificate, 1996
Southern Connecticut College, Fairfield, Connecticut
Contracts, Torts, Business Law, Property and Creditor's Rights, Family Law, Evidence, Civil Litigation and Discovery, Wills, Trusts, Probate Administration, Law Office Management, Legal Writing, Legal Research.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Certified Paralegal Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Certified Paralegal resume sample.