Agent Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE AGENT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Position in sales or marketing utilizing experience in the financial services field to achieve company goals.|
Industrial Insurance Corporation, Detroit, MI
1997 - Present
|Agent / Associate / Registered Representative|
|• Member of the Million Dollar Roundtable.
• Achieved President's Council Agent status.
• Named 1999 "New Associate of the Year."
• Managed sales and marketing of Universal Life, Whole Life, Term, Health, Disability, Medicare Supplement, Accident Indemnity, and related policies. Sales duties include quoting rates, prequalifying customers, and assisting with the underwriting process for various insurance policies.
• Travel throughout the Midwest to educate individuals on plan features and benefits. Specialize in providing individualized services for life insurance, upgrading existing policies, servicing existing accounts, making presentations, and initiating the claims process for clientele.
• Prospecting and set appointments based on leads, coordinated corporate office staff, maintained quality control, networked, prepared various reports, designed and delivered presentations to current and prospective clients, and managed all other aspects of sales and service.
• Performed administrative responsibilities including coordinating with office staff, maintaining quality control, cold-calling, networking, preparing spreadsheets, designing and delivering presentations to current and prospective clients, analyzing competitive price data and trends, and all other aspects of sales and service.
Reed and Associates, Lansing, MI
1996 - 1997
|• Won awards for production and excellent presentation skills.
• Conducted effective cold-calling to high net-worth individuals.
• Sold a wide range of investment products for estate planning purposes, personal needs and various non-qualified retirement plans, advised clients on cost-effective investment strategies, assessed financial resources, and determined tolerance for risk.
• Oversaw portfolio asset allocation including managing, allocating, and analyzing mutual fund assets and various investment options, development of customized financial plans, and implementing and updating various investment plans.
• Managed relationships, produced quarterly performance data, and analyzed reports. Produced advisories on stock performance, mutual fund analysis, and assisted clients in preparing educational funding plans for children.
Maxwell Incorporated, Detroit, MI
1994 - 1996
|Senior Credit Manager|
|• Ranked in the top 10% in regional sales goals.
• Assigned to train new branch staff and university interns.
• Coordinated all branch collection activities, tracked 30-60-90-day accounts, made payment arrangements, contacted past due clients, attended bankruptcy proceedings, repossessions and foreclosures, tracked correspondence, analyzed collateral, made credit approval decisions, and worked closely with TRW, Equifax, and other reporting services.
• Ensured that the branch controlled delinquency at acceptable levels through intensive training, effective utilization of personnel, credit analysis, and targeted collection activities. Set up financial dealers, maintained up-to-date knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations, monitored financial performance, and solved organizational problems as needed.
• Reviewed prospective loan packages, advised clients on refinancing and financial strategies, conducted cold-calling, sold life insurance products to loan applicants, utilized various marketing and sales strategies to increase production, determined acceptable risks, and assessed credit and banking information.
Doyle and Associates, Flint, MI
1992 - 1994
|Planning Assistant / Intern|
|• Assisted Certified Financial Planners in sales and marketing of mutual funds, life insurance plans, annuities, and various related financial services and products. Participated in presentations, gathering of basic data for underwriting purposes, and marketing outreach.|
Acme Insurance Agency, Flint, MI
1991 - 1992
|• Provided information to clients and prospective clients on life, health, and automotive insurance. Assisted in gaining new clients and updated existing client base on new programs and offerings.|
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
• Enrolled in the Evening Division MBA / Law Curriculum, completed International Business Marketing
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
|Bachelor of Arts, Economics|
|• Full Athletic Scholarship
• Defensive Back, Football Team
• Four Years Letterman, Football
• Team Captain, Football
|• National Association of Insurance and Investment Professionals
• Currently serve on University of Michigan Alumni Board
• Past President (2000-2001) University of Michigan Detroit Alumni Chapter
• Financial Management Advancement Program (MAP)
• The Learning Seminar for Interactive Listening for Salespeople
• Industrial Insurance Co. Universal Life, Disability & Securities Courses
• MLIC Registered Representative
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP) License in Progress
• Series 6 & 63 Licenses Pending
• Registered, Michigan Office of Financial Institutions
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Agent Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Agent resume sample.